- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon gingerbread spice
- ½ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup Arla® Original Cream Cheese Spread
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 3 tablespoons cranberry jelly or jam
- cranberry sauce or fresh cranberries
Whip the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time and whip well between each. Mix flour, baking soda, powdered sugar and gingerbread spice. Turn it gently (sprinkled through a sieve) into the egg mixture, together with quark and water. Pour the dough into a greased cake form (about 1½ liter). Bake the cake in the bottom of the oven for ca. 35 minutes at 300 °F and let it cool off afterwards.
Whip cream cheese, powdered sugar and butter airy and turn the cranberry juice into it – so that it forms a pattern. Spread the frosting onto the cooled cake. Decorate with fresh cranberries.