- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 4 pieces white or sourdough bread
- 4 tablespoons Arla® Original Cream Cheese Spread
- 4 slices Arla® Fontina Cheese
- 4 ounces of thinly sliced ham
- 4 kosher dill pickles sandwich slices
Spread the outsides of the bread with butter. Spread the insides of the bread slices evenly with cream cheese. Put a slice of Arla® Fontina sliced cheese on the bottom piece of bread, add the ham, and top with dill pickle slices and another slice of Fontina. Place the other piece of bread on top, creating a sandwich. Heat a large skillet or griddle pan over medium-low heat and place the sandwiches butter side down. Cook for 4-5 minutes, or until the cheese starts to melt and the bread is golden brown. Carefully flip the sandwich over and cook for an additional about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and cut sandwiches in half and serve immediately. Note: for gluten-free, use gluten-free bread.