Our farmer quality assurance program for our farms is called Arlagården, and it is an important part of the Arla Foods strategy to produce the best products. Through the Arlagården program, we take responsibility for the milk to ensure it is produced in a responsible manner and is of the highest quality.
The four cornerstones of the Arlagården policy are:
- We strive to achieve a milk composition that ensures the end products meet consumers’ needs and wishes
- The composition of fat, protein, minerals and other important constituents in the milk must be normal
- The milk must taste good and fresh
- We strive to offer our consumers safe, milk-based food products – the basis starts on the farm
- The milk must not contain unwanted substances
- We must have a high level of hygiene in order to avoid the risk of infections
- We strive to meet the animals’ basic physiological and behavioral needs, which will improve their health and welfare
- The animals must be healthy
- The animals must be kept and looked after in an animal-friendly environment
- We strive to encourage environmentally sound production on the farm that is respectful of nature.
- The farm must protect the surrounding environment and the cultural landscape
- The farm must optize the utilization of nutrients and strive to use only a minimum amount of hazardous chemicals based on risk assessment principles
Download the full program Arlagården (PDF)